Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pony tales

I'm tagged for a meme by Stella Devine. (thank you kindly, Stella, for the blogging material)
Now I share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself.

7 Things you didn't know... about my hair

1. I was blonde when I met the Kiwi.
2. I'm not blonde anymore, and the Kiwi hasn't seen me un-blonde.
3. My legs weren't shaved when I met the Kiwi. (isn't it always the way? I can't remember if I was wearing giant unsexy undies, but it seems likely)
4. I've paid over $200 for a haircut.
5. I've also paid 1 cent plus postage for a hair straightner from China on eBay.
6. I used to have blue hair. Electric blue. People probably looked at me and thought, "Oh, her poor mother."
(I asked my mother about it years down the track, and she thought it was a good thing. She was happy that I was expressing myself. I've got a cool mum.)
7. I shaved my head (one summer in Paris) to see what it was like, and loved it so much I kept it shaved for 12 months. Noone sat next to me on buses, but it didn't hurt my sex life.

I'm supposed to tag 7 random people at the end of this post, and include links to their blogs, but I'm not going to. If anyone would like to take this meme and run with it, please do. Especially my regular comment buddies. (appreciate you guys!)

8 comments:

evilpinkcupcake said...

ohhh I used to shave my head too.... and now I have pink hair!

XUP said...

You rebel!I've let the legs and pits go on occasion - sometimes for a few years at a time in some feminist frenzy, but that's as crazy as I ever got hair-wise. i'm dying to get my hair cut really, really short, except that seems to be what all older women end up doing

WORDofRYE said...

I always wanted to be one of those hot chicks that dyed their hair some fantastic color. Sadly, I never was. Maybe it will make me more lenient with my own kids one day.
I just came across your blog - your story is so romantic :) I hope it all works out well ... I look forward to reading further!

Bill C said...

I realize it's not exactly the same ("male"), but I pretty much shave my head every few weeks. Any chance my hair will turn blue or pink? Because I think that'd be awesome.

Leah said...

I dyed my hair violet as a teen, shaved off the bottom half, and pierced my nose. Then I had to get a job. Difficult!

Nerevised said...

Gosh. It is so hard to be shocking these days. Who knew there was such a rainbow of hair rebels out there?
RaJ - maybe you could try Radioactive Green?

Bill C said...

I see a "Photoshopped" picture post in my near future. Thanks!

Julie Feinstein said...

I like the hair variation. I was just tagged for that meme today and have no idea what to write yet...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Am enjoying this new random nablopomo world.

What a wild blog. Kind of a romantic version of Waiting for Godot -- hopefully with a more satisfying, rather than existential, ending.