Saturday, November 24, 2007

Going to the polls

Do you want conservative A, or conservative B? Australia had an election today, and we have chosen conservative B. I am watching our former Prime Minister John Howard concede defeat on the television right now. He looks old. It's all pretty boring, as conservative politics usually are.

But elections don't have to be boring. For example, elections in Poland are downright fun. One night, dozing half asleep, I had the radio news on and a story came on about the Polish elections. The Poles going to the polls. Goodbye sleep, hello giggles.

The Opinion Poles. The Exit Poles. How are the Poles polling? The Poles are rising steadily in the polls. The polls are rising steadily in the Poles. The Polish polls are Polarised. The major parties are Poles apart.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you may give your opinion at any time. In fact, I welcome YOUR opinion. I just was trying to discourage other more annoying commenters who get on my nerves. You, my dear, are not annoying.

Leah said...

thanks for the laugh! :)