Wednesday, October 10, 2007

the story so far...

I'm in a rut. Bobbing along like a half-inflated balloon. Sometimes the breeze catches me and I feel like I'm flying high, but then gravity pulls me down again. What I am looking for is a helium hit. I want to pump myself up and bounce up, up and away.

So, the purpose of this blog is to start a change. This is the first step.

The topic I have chosen is the story of the Kiwi, who has just popped back into the picture. Well, so he says...

About 2 years ago, I was in New Zealand. It might have been 3 years, but I can barely entertain the idea that it has been that long! I met a lovely New Zealand boy in a bar one night, and one thing led to another, as it does when a footloose, fancy free person is out of their country. Nothing original in that. What made it interesting was that this Kiwi and I stayed in touch. A few emails led to a hot and heavy phone affair, which led to another visit to New Zealand by me. There will be more details of this saga to come later, but for now it is enough to say that things went drastically pear-shaped during this trip, and that was the end of the affair.

Or so I thought.

This Kiwi is one tenacious caller, and despite my repeated attempts to sever the ties, he never let me. We have been in touch, on and off, ever since.

He has had at least 3 serious girlfriends since me, but they have all failed. The lastest relationship is also dying, and now he seems to be entertaining the idea of exploring the length and breadth of our indefinable relationship once and for all.

The following blog will be the continuing story (and occasional historic flashbacks) of what happens now in my life, with or without him.

No comments: