Monday, October 15, 2007

the countdown has begun

When I said I was starting this blog as a catalyst for a change, I have no idea it would happen so fast. The Kiwi doesn't know that I am writing this, and yet I must have sent a butterfly wing-flap in his direction. Over the weekend, I received an unusual text message from him. It was unusual for 2 reasons. The first one is that it was spelled correctly. The second reason was that it said, "I love you." That was the first time he has ever said that to me.

My first reaction was that he must have sent it to the wrong person. It took me half an hour to decide what to reply. In the end I settled on simply, "Wow!" His reply confirmed that it was meant for me and said, "I know, I also know you love me too."

What this means is that it is looking more and more likely that the Kiwi will actually come good on his threat to turn up on my doorstep, which means that I need to get serious about getting Kiwi-ready. The countdown has begun... for real!
I'm going to be blogging every day in November, and it will be an interesting ride.

No comments: